Luna City 2175
Emerge will transform the state-of-the-art Galvin Playhouse on ASU’s Tempe campus into a rich, immersive experience grounded in space-science research and the inspirational vision of our Writer at Large, Kim Stanley Robinson. Come see, hear, touch and play the future in our unfolding story of human habitation beyond Planet Earth!
Our immersive experience transports you to an alternate world: Luna City, a bustling metropolis on the Moon in the year 2175. Luna City’s singular history and authentic reality is a synthesis of art and space science, your gateway into a complex vision of a human future lived in a place separate from yet intimately connected with our own.
Luna City’s spaceport opens for all at 10:30 a.m. each day.
Take a special guided tour of a Luna City neighborhood starting at 11:30 a.m. with tours running until 3:00 p.m.. Select a tour time in the “Tickets” section.*
Please join us on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. as we host a live podcast recording by Eric Molinsky, host of Imaginary Worlds, and a presentation from Writer At Large, Kim Stanley Robinson.
On Sunday, at 3:30 p.m., there will be an opportunity to mingle and converse with the many artists who helped bring Luna City to life!Saturday
- 10:30 a.m.: Space port open for guests
- 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.: Self-guided neighborhood tours (no actors; scenic experience)
- 11:30 a.m – 3:00 p.m.: Guided neighborhood tours (with actors; full experience)
- 3:30 – 5 p.m.: Podcast with Eric Molinsky with following presentation by Kim Stanley Robinson**
- 10:30 a.m: Spaceport open for guests
- 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.: Self-guided tours (no actors; scenic experience)
- 11:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Guided neighborhood tours (with actors; full experience)
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.: Open house with artists and actors
*Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time.